Marion Cordill Architectural Records Collection
Scope and Contents
Architectural records from the office of Marion Cordill, design consultant, Indianapolis. Includes work by Cordill and firms with which he was associated (Cordill and Hannon; Hannon and Cordill; Hannon, Meek and Cordill; Hannon, Meek and Associates, Hannon, Meek, Cordill, and Flagg, and Hannon, Meek, Flagg, Cuppy, and Cordill), mostly in the Indianapolis area. Some other firms' drawings are included as well, and even a design by Cordill’s brother. The collection consists of about 1,100 rolls of drawings, five folders of drawings and renderings, stored flat, 3 microfilm reels, 19 boards, 6 photostats and photostat negatives, and one record-storage carton of miscellaneous records.
- ca. 1929- 1983
- Cordill, Marion (Architect, Person)
- Cordill and Hannon (Architect, Organization)
- Hannon and Cordill (Architect, Organization)
- Hannon, Meek and Cordill (Architect, Organization)
- Hannon, Meek and Associates (Architect, Organization)
- Hannon, Meek, Cordill, and Flagg (Architect, Organization)
- Hannon, Meek, Flagg, Cuppy, and Cordill (Architect, Organization)
Language of Materials
Materials primarily in English; some in French
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is not open for research.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Drawings and Documents Archive, Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Drawings and Documents Archive.
Marion Gladstone Cordill started his career in Evansville but moved at an early date to Indianapolis. He may have worked with J. Lloyd Allen, architect, ca. 1937 (the collection includes a rendering of that date by Cordill for Allen). He is said to have worked with Dana Hannon, an engineer, for the Army out west during the war. From ca. 1946 to 1955 he and Hannon did business as Cordill and Hannon and as Hannon and Cordill, Engineers and Designers. Beginning ca. 1955, Hannon and Cordill were associated in various ventures with Robert L. Meek, engineer, with the Adkinson brothers, real estate entrepreneurs, as Adkinson and Associates, Engineers; as Hannon, Meek and Cordill, engineers-designers (1955-59), and as Hannon, Meek and Associates, consulting engineers (ca. 1960). Other names of the firm were Hannon, Meek, Cordill, and Flagg, and Hannon, Meek, Flagg, Cuppy, and Cordill (ca. 1965).
approx. 60 Cubic Feet (Boxes, storage cartons, rolled drawings, flat file drawers)
The Marion Cordill Architectural Records have not been processed.
The Marion Cordill Architectural Records were received by Drawings and Documents Archive as a donation from Patricia A. Montgomery on 1994/3/17.
No additions are expected.
Collection processing not completed. Finding aid created 1994/7/14 by Andrew R. Seager; revised 2011/11/1 by Julie Edwards.
- Architecture, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture, commercial Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings, architectural (visual works) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Elevations Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Marion Cordill Architectural Records
- In Progress
- Created by Andrew R. Seager; revised by Julie Edwards and Rebecca Torsell
- Created 1994/7/14; revised 2011/11/1, 2019/02/04
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Andrew Seager Archives of the Built Environment Repository
Architecture Building, Room 120
Muncie IN 47306 USA