Greenways Foundation Maps Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of 27 maps that illustrate the Greenways Foundation’s interest in creating and promoting walk and bike trails in the state of Indiana.
- 2000 - 2008
- The Greenways Foundation (Landscape architect, Organization)
Language of Materials
Materials entirely in English.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Drawings and Documents Archive, Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Drawings and Documents Archive.
The Greenways Foundation formed in 1991 with a vision of an interconnected network of trails serving Central Indiana. It is a nonprofit organization working to promote the growth, enhancement, and use of Indiana greenways. For many years, the Foundation operated primarily within Indianapolis and Marion County.
The Greenways Foundation played a major and ongoing role with the city of Indianapolis to establish the Monon Trail. As that trail became an overwhelming success with the citizens of Central Indiana, trails were seen as vital and necessary community amenities, and interest spread throughout the state. This interest led the Foundation to expand its geographic focus in 2006 to encompass all of Indiana.
4 Cubic Feet (1 flat file drawer )
The Greenways Foundation Maps are arranged alphabetically by geographic location.
The Greenways Foundation Maps were received by Drawings and Documents Archive as a donation from Malcolm Cairns on 2011/12/5.
No additions are expected.
Collection processing completed. Finding aid created 2011/12/9 by Carol Street.
- Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indiana Department of Conservation Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indiana. Division of State Parks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newspaper clippings Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Park (recreation area) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Recreation centers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greenways Foundation Maps
- Created by Carol Street.
- Created 2011/12/9
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Andrew Seager Archives of the Built Environment Repository
Architecture Building, Room 120
Muncie IN 47306 USA