RATIO Architects Drawings Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of two projects designed by RATIO Architects (The Associate Group Headquarters and Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard). Two additional projects comprise this collection and were designed by other firms. One project is for the Indiana State Normal School Library (1907) by J.F. Alexander & Son, and the other is for the Circle Center Mall project by Ehrenkratz & Eckstut Architects and Melvin Simon & Associates. Projects designed by RATIO are located in Indianapolis.
- RATIO Architects (Organization)
Language of Materials
This collection is entirely in English.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Drawings and Documents Archive, Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Drawings and Documents Archive.
RATIO Architects, one of the Midwest’s premier architectural firms, was founded in 1982 in Indianapolis. The firm originally specialized in historic preservation, but over its long history, it has expanded its focus, becoming an important force in the construction of several significant museums, corporate headquarters, schools, libraries, and other projects on all sides of the globe. Currently, it has four studio locations (Indianapolis, Indiana; Champaign, Illinois; Chicago, Illinois; and Raleigh, North Carolina) and a host of connections in multiple countries, such as China and Korea. Signature to RATIO’s identity as a firm is its commitment to sustainability and community improvement, as well as its LiveDesignSM process, which promotes a more active and collaborative dialogue between its teams and its clients.
2 Cubic Feet (1 flat file drawer, 1 OVB Box)
The RATIO Architects Drawings Collection is arranged chronologically.
The RATIO Architects Drawings Collection was recieved by Drawings and Documents Archive as a donation from Ben Ross, RATIO Architects, on 2017/5/11.
Additions are expected.
Collection processing complete. EAD finding aid created 2019/06/25 by Leah Heim and Rebecca Torsell.
- Architecture Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture -- Designs and plans -- Presentation drawings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture -- Designs and plans -- Working drawings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture--Indiana Subject Source: Local sources
- Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Architecture--Indiana--Terre Haute Subject Source: Local sources
- School buildings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- corporate headquarters (built works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- shopping malls Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- streetscapes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- RATIO Architects Drawings Collection
- Leah Heim and Rebecca Torsell
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Andrew Seager Archive of the Built Environment, A Division of University Libraries Repository
Architecture Building, Room 120
Muncie IN 47306 USA