Center for Historic Preservation Photographs, Records, and Reports
Scope and Contents
This collection contains photographs, records, reports, rehabilitation plans, and National Register nominations that were produced by the Center for Historic Preservation. Many items in this collection were created in partnership with state agencies and community organizations.
- The Center for Historic Preservation (Organization)
Language of Materials
Materials entirely in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Drawings and Documents Archive, Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Drawings and Documents Archive.
The Center for Historic Preservation was founded in 2004 at Ball State University and worked directly with graduate students in the Historic Preservation program within the College of Architecture and Planning to produce valuable tools for facilitating preservation. The Center has worked in conjunction with Midwestern communities to help facilitate preservation projects that have helped to promote economic development and build community interest in cultural heritage. Many of the projects involved partnerships with state agencies and community organizations. The Center has successfully produced a variety of resources and tools including historic structure reports, National Register nominations, preservation plans, and other documentation related to revitalization efforts.
9.484 Cubic Feet (13 MSS Boxes, and 18 books)
The Center for Historic Preservation Photographs, Records, and Reports are arranged in the order they were received.
The Center for Historic Preservation Photographs, Records, and Reports were received in two parts. Later additions were received by Drawings and Documents Archive as a donation from Jonathan Spodek on 2017/11/01.
No additions are expected.
Collection processing completed. EAD finding aid completed 2019/07/02 by Leah Heim and Rebecca Torsell.
- Negatives (Photographs) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Reports Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- adaptive reuse Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- color photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- historic structure reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- rehabilitation Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Center for Historic Preservation Photographs, Records, and Reports
- Created by Leah Heim and Rebecca Torsell
- Created 2019/07/02
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Andrew Seager Archives of the Built Environment Repository
Architecture Building, Room 120
Muncie IN 47306 USA