Mox Pohlmeyer & Associates Architectural Drawings Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of approximately 280 projects that are primarily hospitals, schools, commercial buildings, and parking garages. There are a couple of residential projects. The majority of the projects are from the 1970s and 1980s, though there is a significant number of projects from the 1950s and 1960s. In addition to 44 rolls of architecture drawings, some survey equipment was also donated.
- Majority of material found in c. 1950s-1990s
- Pohlmeyer, Mox (Architect, Person)
Language of Materials
Materials entirely in English.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is not open for research.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Drawings and Documents Archive, Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Drawings and Documents Archive.
The firm, Mox Pohlmeyer and Associates, began as Pohlmeyer and Pohlmeyer. The original principals, Fred W. Pohlmeyer (1885-1953) and Martin W. “Mox” Pohlmeyer (1896-1981) were brothers and the son of a Fort Wayne building contractor. The eldest brother, Fred Pohlmeyer, acquired his architectural training with Fort Wayne and Chicago firms. Mox Pohlmeyer acquired his training by attending Carnegie Tech and worked with firms on the East Coast. The practice was formed in 1922 and was located at 303 Central Building in Fort Wayne. The two brothers designed residences, schools, and commercial buildings. Mox Pohlmeyer is noted for designing a number of homes in Southwood Park and Wildwood Park.
After Fred Pohlmeyer passed away, the firm became known as Mox Pohlmeyer and Associates. The principals were J.L. Sosenheimer, M.W. Pohlmeyer, and C.J. Malott.
Firm ownership changes are not known in great detail. John Louis Sosenheimer was the owner/principal of Mox Pohlmeyer and Associates upon his death in 2016; it is unknown if other principals worked alongside him. His son, Gregory Sosenheimer, donated his father’s collection to Ball State University in 2017.
17.27 Cubic Feet (44 rolls )
The Mox Pohlmeyer and Associates Architectural Drawings Collection are not yet arranged.
The Mox Pohlmeyer and Associates Architectural Drawings Collection was received by Drawings and Documents Archive as a donation from Gregory W. Sosenheimer on 2017/8/31.
No additions are expected.
United States Department of the Interior National Park Service. “National Register of Historic Places Registration Form, Southwood Park Historic District-OMB No. 1024-0018.” 2009.
Collection processing is not complete. EAD finding aid completed 2019/07/08 by Leah Heim and revised 2019/07/19 by Rebecca Torsell.
- Architecture Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture--Indiana Subject Source: Local sources
- Architecture--Indiana--Fort Wayne Subject Source: Local sources
- Buildings, commercial Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hospitals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Parking garages Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Residential architecture Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- School buildings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Survey equipment Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mox Pohlmeyer & Associates Architectural Drawings Collection
- Created by Leah Heim; revised by Rebecca Torsell
- Created 2019/07/08; revised 2019/07/19
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Andrew Seager Archives of the Built Environment Repository
Architecture Building, Room 120
Muncie IN 47306 USA