Ball State University Fraternity and Sorority dance cards
Scope and Contents
This collection includes dance cards from Ball State Teachers College fraternities and sororities from 1934 to 1942.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Ball State University, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Dance cards were used by Ball State Teachers College fraternities and sororities to record the names of dances and dance partners for a dance event, such as the organization's annual ball or formal.
0.2 Cubic Feet (1 Box)
Language of Materials
This collection is organized in the following subseries:
Subseries 1: Fraternities dance cards
Subseries 2: Sororities dance cards
The Fraternities and Sororities Dance Cards were received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation.
No additions expected.
Collection processing completed 2008/12/19 by Carolyn F. Runyon. EAD finding aid 2008/12/29 by Carolyn F. Runyon.
- Dance Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dance cards Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fraternities & sororities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Student activities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ball State University Fraternity and Sorority Dance Cards
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Ball State University Archives Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA