Ball State University Board of Trustees reports and minutes
Scope and Contents
- 1918 - 2019
Conditions Governing Access
The Eastern Division of the Indiana State Normal School in Muncie, Indiana was governed by the Indiana State Normal School Board of Trustees. Until 1961, the Indiana State Teachers College (1929-1965) Board of Trustees governed Ball State Teachers College (1929-1965). The Ball State Teachers College Board of Trustees was formed in 1961, and upon the schools recognition as Ball State University in 1965, the Ball State University Board of Trustees has been responsible for the administration of Muncie's college.
The nine members of the Ball State University Board of Trustees are appointed by the governor of Indiana. The members include two Ball State University alumni, one full-time student, and six members appointed at large. Appointees serve four year terms.
The Board's duties are to:
manage, control, and operate Ball State
borrow money, issue bonds, and let contracts
prescribe conditions for admission
grant degrees and issue diplomas or certificates
set fees, charges, fines, and penalties
define the duties of and provide compensation for faculty and staff of the university
receive and administer all donations, bequests, grants, funds, and property that are given or provided to the University
possess all the powers in order to effectively operate the affairs of Ball State University
19.6 Cubic Feet (5 Volumes, 50 Boxes)
Language of Materials
- White, Glenn. 1967. The Ball State Story: From Normal Institute to University. Muncie Indiana: Ball State University.
- Edmonds, Anthony O. and E. Bruce Geelhoed. 2001. Ball State University: An Interpretive History. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
- Ball State University Board of Trustees. "Board of Trustees." Ball State University. http://cms.bsu.edu/About/AdministrativeOffices/President/Administration/BoardofTrustees.aspx (accessed February 20, 2009).
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Salaries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges -- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ball State University Board of Trustees reports
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Ball State University Archives Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA