Elizabeth J. Glenn papers
Scope and Contents
This collection includes research and legal papers, documents, personal papers, maps, photocopies of archival documents, and books from Elizabeth Glenn ranging from 1809 to 2000 regarding anthropology and Miami Indian nation history.
Language of Materials
Materials in English.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Elizabeth J. Glenn was a Professor of Anthropology at Ball State University for 30 years and retired from the University in 1997. Dr. Glenn was especially active in the study of Native Americans and was closely involved with the Miami Nation and its lawsuit for Federal recognition of the Miami Nation of Indians. Dr. Glenn was also involved in general anthropological and archaeological research. Glenn authored "The Native Americans," published by the Indiana Historical Society Press in 2009 and served as advisor to multiple graduate student theses.
36 Cubic Feet
The collection is arranged in the following series:
Series 1: Miami Nation documents
Subseries 1.1: Federal Recognition and Lawsuit documents
Subseries 1.2: Genealogical research files
Subseries 1.3: Miami Nation research files
Series 2: General Anthropology research documents
Subseries 2.1: Ethnohistory research files
Subseries 2.2: Anthropology research files
Subseries 2.3: Professional papers
Series 3: Ball State University Department of Anthropology records
Subseries 3.1: Administrative records
Subseries 3.2: Instructional records
Series 4: Personal papers
Series 5: Books
Series 6: Oversize materials
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Elizabeth Glenn's estate on 2011/03/11.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 2013/04/05 by Felicia McConnell and Nicole Griffets.
- Ball State University -- Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ball State University -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ball State University -- Records and correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indians of North America Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Miami Indians Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Elizabeth J. Glenn papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- English and French
Part of the Ball State University Archives Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA