Community-College Auditorium Series printed ephemera
Scope and Contents
This collection includes booklets, brochures, photographs, and program from Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana ranging from 1959 to 1964 regarding the Community-College Auditorium Series held on the campus of Ball State University beginning in 1959 as well as the planning and opening of the John R. Emens College-Community Auditorium at Ball State.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Ball State University, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The College-Community Auditorium Series was held on the campus of Ball State beginning in 1959 prior to the building of Emens Auditorium, which was completed in 1964, and prior to the establishment of both the Artist and Concert Series. The Auditorium Series, which featured popular musical artists and groups of different genres, was held for college students and community members on Ball State's campus in what is formerly known as Assembly Hall, now renamed as the North Quad Building.
1 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged chronologically in the following subseries:
Subseries 1: Community-College Auditorium Series news releases and programs
Subseries 2: Community-College Auditorium Series brochures
Subseries 3: Community-College Auditorium Series and Emens Auditorium documents
Subseries 4: Community-College Auditorium Series performance records
No further additions are expected.
- Arts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- John R. Emens College-Community Auditorium -- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Musical performance Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Performances Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Programs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Community-College Auditorium Series Printed Ephemera
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Ball State University Archives Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA