Sharley B. DeMotte scrapbooks
Scope and Contents
This collection includes scrapbooks from Sharley B. DeMotte, founder and director of the Ball State Teachers College News Bureau. The scrapbooks were compiled in Muncie, Indiana and range from 1925 to 1954 covering subjects such as academics, student activities, World War II, and the Student Army Training Corps.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Ball State University, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Sharley Benson DeMotte (1889-1978) was a Ball State Teachers College professor of English and journalism as well as founder and director of the News Bureau from 1925 until her retirement in 1954.
5 Cubic Feet (5 Boxes)
Language of Materials
Arranged chronologically in the following subseries:
Subseries 1: Ball State University Newspaper Clippings scrapbooks
Subseries 2: Ball State University During World War II scrapbooks
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 2009/11/17 by Carolyn F. Runyon. EAD finding aid created 2009/11/17 by Carolyn F. Runyon.
- Clippings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Student activities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sharley B. DeMotte Scrapbooks
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Ball State University Archives Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA