L. A. Pittenger Student Center records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes brochures, menus, programs, invitations, and a guest book from the L. A. Pittenger Student Center dating from 1949 to 2010.
- Creation: 1949 - 2010
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Ball State University Libraries make every reasonable effort to provide accurate information regarding the copyright status of materials held by Archives and Special Collections. Patrons may scan items or request a reproduction of one or more items in the collection; however, it is the responsibility of the patron to evaluate whether or not the intended use complies with copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Since its completion in 1952, the L. A. Pittenger Student Center has served as a gathering place for many student organizations and services on campus. The center hosts educational, recreational, cultural, and social activities for the Ball State community. It also contains the Tally food court, a barbershop, a bowling alley, a post office, and a hotel.
The student center was dedicated on November 20, 1952 to honor Lemuel A. Pittenger, who served as president of the university from 1927 to 1942. Since the original construction of the building, there have been two additions to the facility (1959 and 1994) and two major renovations of the interior (2005 and 2010).
0.3 Cubic Feet (1 archival letter box)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged chronologically.
This collection was formerly RG.10.04.05.
- L. A. Pittenger Student Center records
- Collection reprocessed by Mindy Shull on 2019-06-13.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Ball State University Archives Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA