Department of Home Economics records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes records, publications, reports, and memorabilia from the Ball State University Department of Home Economics in Muncie, IN ranging from 1929 to 1985.
Language of Materials
Materials in English.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
The Department of Home Economics was founded in 1918 as one of the courses of study at the Ball State Teachers College. The department's offerings focused on health, nutrition, culinary arts, and teaching. During the 1980's the department eventually became the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences under the College of Applied Sciences and Technology.
1.2 Cubic Feet (6 Boxes)
Arranged in the following series:
Series 1: Correspondence and records
Series 2: Newsletters and publications
Series 3: Accredidation records
Series 4: Home Management House records
- Ball State University -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Home economics Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Department of Home Economics records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Ball State University Archives Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA