Phi Upsilon Omicron Theta Sigma Chapter Honorary Society records and scrapbooks
Scope and Contents
This collection includes business records, photographs, documents, and scrapbooks from the Ball State University Theta Sigma Chapter of Phi Upsilon Omicron Honorary Society in Muncie, Indiana ranging from 1941 to 1983 regarding Theta Sigma Chapter of Phi Upsilon Omicron.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Ball State University, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
In 1941, Miss Mary Beeman (1885-1984), the head of the department of Home Economics, organized a meeting among female Home Economics students at Ball State University (1965- ), then Ball State Teacher's College (1929-1965), regarding an honorary society for the Department of Home Economics.
The Theta Sigma chapter was officially instated at the college and began petitioning to become an initiated chapter of the national organization, Phi Upsilon Omicron. In 1964, Theta Sigma was recognized as an official chapter of the national organization, and their chapter name was subsequently changed to Alpha Sigma.
1 Cubic Feet ( 1 Box)
Language of Materials
Arranged in the following subseries:
Subseries 1: Phi Upsilon Omicron Theta Sigma Chapter records
Subseries 2: Phi Upsilon Omicron Theta Sigma Chapter scrapbooks
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Ball State University Department of Family and Consumer Sciences located in Muncie, Indiana on 2010/04/06.
Collection processing completed 2010/04/06 by Abby Foltz. EAD finding aid created 2010/04/06 by Abby Foltz.
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Home economics Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newsletters Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Theta Sigma Chapter of Phi Upsilon Omicron Honorary Society Records and Scrapbooks
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Ball State University Archives Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA