Everett and Parke families papers
Scope and Contents
This collection includes a history of the Parke family (1967), bills and receipts (1891-1967), postcards and advertisements (undated), newspaper clippings (1936-1965), and artifacts from the Parke and Everett families of Muncie, Indiana.
- 1891 - 1972
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The family information contained in this collection was gathered by Beulah M. Parke Everett, wife of Eugene Everett. In the 1957 City Directory, Mr. Everett is listed as a salesman for Kimm Paint Co. Mrs. Everett did volunteer work, serving as Chairman of the Gray Ladies, for the local chapter of the American Red Cross for a time. She was also a fifty year member of the Mary Martha Class of the First Baptist Church. Mr. Everett passed away in 1968 and Mrs. Everett sometime after 1978, which is the last time that she is listed in the Directory, as a widow. This collection was donated in 1976, before the merger of the Delaware County Archives and Special Collections so the documentation is somewhat sparse.
The local branch of the family traces its line back to Ozias Parke (1756-1824) and Jane Robbins (1753-1796). Mr. Parke was a native of Scotland. The Everetts also list one of their ancestors as Benjamin Parke, who was Commissioner of the United States and the Miami Indiana Nation and who, with two other commissioners, signed the Indian treaty at St. Mary`s Ohio which granted to Rebecca Hackley, a half-blooded Miami, and a section of land at the Munsee Town on White River.
0.3 Cubic Feet (1 box )
Language of Materials
Arranged in the following series:
Series 1: Everett and Parke families papers, 1891-1967
Series 2: Everett and Parke families photographs, undated
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Eugene Everett on 1976/02/04.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processed 1992/03/03 by Nancy Turner. Finding aid created 1992/03/03 by Nancy Turner. Finding aid revised 2009/10/28 by Maren L. Read. EAD finding aid completed 2011/06/22 by Bethany Fiechter.
- Clippings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delaware County (Ind.) -- History -- 20th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Family Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Family -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) -- History -- 20th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Postcards Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Everett and Parke families papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA