Munger and Wolf families papers
Scope and Contents
The collection of family history contains correspondence, genealogies from several lines, a scrapbook from the Daughters of the American Revolution, and war records. The information covers 1816 to 1963. P.001 includes photographic prints organized by family or individual photographed and described at the folder level. Tintypes and one daguerreotype are included in a separate box for preservation purposes.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
This collection of family history was donated by Mrs. H. H. Wolf and Alice Marjorie Munger prior to 1975. The Muncie Star reported on December 14, 1975 that "Mrs. Preston Root gave a valuable genealogical chart prepared by her sister, the late Alice Munger Wolf, along with family pictures to the Archives."
2 Cubic Feet (5 boxes and 1 oversized folder)
Language of Materials
Arranged in the following series:
Series 1: Munger and Wolf families papers, 1816-1963
Series 2: Munger and Wolf families oversized materials, 1816-1936
Series 3: Munger and Wolf families photographs, undated
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Mrs. H. H. Wolf and Alice Marjorie Munger in 1975.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 1994/02/18 by M. Sears. Finding aid created 1994/02/18 by M. Sears. Finding aid revised 2009/11/02 by Maren L. Read. EAD finding aid completed 2012/08/27 by Bethany Fiechter. EAD finding aid revised 2016/3/16 by Lindsey M. Vesperry.
- Daguerreotypes Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Family Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Genealogy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Tintype Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Munger and Wolf families papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA