Riverside and Normal City project records
Scope and Contents
The collections includes a project syllabus, newspaper clippings, working papers, a general history, lists of residents in Riverside and Normal City, plat map, notice of incorporation, and address cards dating from 1977.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Dr. Andrew Seager assigned his ARCH 222 students to complete a research project on the Normal City and Riverside neighborhoods. The students were expected to study topics, including land use, architecture, population, public transit, public utilities, legal history, business history, public lands, and commentary. For the first phase of the project, the students collected data, making sure it was accurate and correctly cited. The second part of the project was interpretation of the data. The students revealed what they learned about their study area, the area around it, and the city as a whole.
0.3 Cubic Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged alphabetically.
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 1994/04/01 by M. Sears. Collection processing revised 2004/04/22 by J. Mullins and 1994/03/29 by J. Richards. EAD finding aid created 2012/07/01 by Julie Hausknecht. EAD finding aid revised 2012/08/28 by Bethany Fiechter.
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newspapers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Normal City (Muncie, Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Plats Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Riverside (Muncie, Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Riverside and Normal City project records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA