Belle Fuson Parkison papers
Scope and Contents
The Collection contains a variety of early twentieth century publications, including Arbor Vitae, 1916; The Helicon, 1912; XYZ, 1902, 1906, 1907; The Muncie Club in Minstrelsy, 1902.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Belle Fuson Parkison was a teacher in the Delaware County Schools for many years in the first half of the twentieth century. She obtained her training at the Indiana State Normal School, Eastern Division, the forerunner of Ball State University. She is said to have taught in most of the schools in the county during her career and was one of the four critic teachers when the critic program started more than a half century ago.
The Archives & Special Collections has little biographical information about Belle, except that she had at least two children, Bob Parkison (deceased) and Ernest Parkison (deceased).
0.3 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged alphabetically.
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Ben Parkison on 1979/01/10.
No further additions are expected.
EAD finding aid created 2012/10/01 by Julie Hausknecht. EAD finding aid revised 2013/07/31 by Leslie Nellis.
- Delaware County (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Family -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Belle Fuson Parkison papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA