American Legion Auxiliary Delaware Post 19 records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes the minutes, correspondence, membership lists and financial records of the American Legion Auxiliary from 1922-1958.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The American Legion Auxiliary, Delaware Post 19 was established March 30, 1926 for the wives and daughters of American Legion, Delaware Post 19 members in Muncie, Indiana. Later, the membership was expanded to include mothers, sisters and granddaughters.
0.8 Cubic Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged chronologically.
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Betty L. Beatty on 1979/05/16.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 1983/02/14 by David Tambo. Finding aid created 1983/02/04 by David Tambo. Finding aid revised 1992/01/27 by Nancy Turner. Finding aid revised 2007/07/16 by Maren L. Read. Finding aid revised 2009/11/03 by Maren L. Read. EAD finding aid completed 2009/11/03 by Maren L. Read.
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Societies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Women -- Societies and clubs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- American Legion Auxiliary, Delaware Post 19 records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA