J. H. Wysor Estate, Inc. records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes treasurer`s reports, minutes, account books, daybooks, receipts, account files, legal documents, newspaper clippings, photographs, and drawing plans from J. H. Wysor Estate Inc. in Muncie, Indiana ranging from 1905 to 1972 regarding the company and its activities.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Jacob Henry Wysor was a prominent Muncie businessman who accumulated nearly $500,000 through his real estate interests, a trip to California during the Gold Rush, and various business ventures. Wysor died January 18, 1905, at the age of 85. That same year the company was founded, J.H. Wysor Estate, Inc., built the J. H. Wysor Building in his honor. The company continued dealing in real estate until 1963, when its focus shifted to furniture.
1.5 Cubic Feet (4 boxes, 1 folder, and 1 oversize folder)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged in the following series:
Series 1: J. H. Wysor Estate, Inc. minutes, 1932-1961
Series 2: J. H. Wysor Estate, Inc. financial records, 1905-1972
Series 3: J. H. Wysor Estate, Inc. legal records, 1907-1963
Series 4: J. H. Wysor Estate, Inc. newspaper clippings, 1968-1970
Series 5: J. H. Wysor Estate, Inc. architectural drawings, undated
Series 6: J. H. Wysor Estate, Inc. building photograph, 1970
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from William Frazier on 1980/11/21.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 1994/02/18 by M. Sears. EAD finding aid created 2011/05/09 by Bethany Fiechter. EAD finding aid revised 2012/04/05 by Lisa Barney. EAD finding aid revised 2012/05/24 by Bethany Fiechter.
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delaware County (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delaware County (Ind.) -- History -- 20th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legal documents Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Middletown Studies Collection Subject Source: Local sources
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) -- History -- 20th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newspapers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA