Peter Austin papers
Scope and Contents
This collection includes supply lists and catalogs for electrical supplies, hardware and industrial merchandise (1900-1945), subject files on Muncie organizations such as the Masons and the Elks Lodge, newspapers from World War II, and maps of Muncie and the vicinity.
- Creation: 1904-1970
Language of Materials
Materials entirely in English.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Peter Austin (1878-1970) was the founder of Austin Brothers Machine Shop, which he started in 1909 at 910 W. 1st Street.
0.3 Cubic Feet (1 box)
This collection is arranged by subject.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 1994/03/31 by J. Richards. EAD finding aid created 2011/05/4 by Helen Boyer. EAD finding aid revised 2011/05/05 by Bethany Fiechter.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA