Miriam Shepherd cookbook collection
Scope and Contents
This collection includes 20 cookbooks and other books related to cooking from Miriam Shepherd's Home Economics collection. Publication dates range from 1910-1941.
Language of Materials
Materials entirely in English.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Miriam and Alistair Shepherd lived in Muncie from 1936 until sometime around 1945. While in Muncie, Alistair worked as a salesman. Miriam Shepherd joined the faculty at Ball State Teachers College as a temporary instructor of Home Economics and Art. She taught Foods and Cookery through the 1943-1944 school years.
0.3 Cubic Feet (1 box)
This collection is arranged alphabetically.
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Jeannette Shores on 1983/08/02.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 1999/02/10 by R. Garlitz. Finding aid revised 2009/10/27 by Maren L. Read. EAD finding aid created 2011/04/29 by Helen Boyer. EAD finding aid revised 2011/04/29 by Bethany Fiechter.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Food Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA