Wm. F. Freund Company records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes financial and real estate ledgers from the Wm. F. Freund Company in Muncie, Indiana ranging from 1937 to 1965.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The Wm. F. Freund Company owned many department stores and rental properties throughout East Central Indiana. Their stores operated through the early-to-mid twentieth century, and sold clothing from brands such as Levis, Ohio Overcoat Company, Indianapolis Gloves, and Indiana Mercantile.
3 Cubic Feet (13 ledger volumes)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged chronologically.
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Bernard W. Freund in 1986.
No further additions are expected.
EAD finding aid created 2009/10/13 by Maren Read. EAD finding aid revised 2013/10/02 by Lindsey Vesperry.
- Business Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corporate minutes Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Wm. F. Freund Company records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA