Muncie Mission Auxiliary records and photographs
Scope and Contents
This collection includes annual reports, bank statements, financial records, minutes, newsletters, and scrapbooks from the Muncie Mission Auxiliary and the Women’s Auxiliary of the Muncie Mission from 1952-1992. It also has some membership cards and rules and bylaws. It also includes photographs of Auxiliary members.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research. Series 2 is temporarily restricted pending review.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The Muncie Mission was founded in October 1930 by Reverend Eddie Thomas in Muncie, Indiana in a building donated by the First Baptist Church. The Reverend Eddie Thomas founded the Mission to help men left destitute and bewildered by the economic depression of the 1930s. In addition to providing meals, the Mission also provided chapel services, singing, and opportunities for people to share their experiences. The Mission has expanded to provide numerous services, including shelter for the homeless and job programs in East Central Indiana. They also operate several thrift stores with all proceeds going to fund programming.
1.9 Cubic Feet (6 boxes and 1 folder)
Language of Materials
Arranged in the following series:
Series 1: Records, 1959-1988
Series 2: Financial Records, 1952-1990
Series 3: Minutes, 1964-1992
Series 4: Membership Records, 1966-1985
Series 5: Scrapbooks, 1937-1984
Series 6: Photographs, undated
Series 7: Muncie Mission Auxiliary website archive, 2019-
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Ruth Hillman on 1990/09/27. Additions were received on 1992/08/15.
No further additions are expected.
Finding aid revised 2007/03/20 by Jennifer Grey. Finding aid revised 2007/07/06 by Maren L. Read. EAD finding aid completed 2009/09/30 by Maren L. Read. EAD finding aid revised 2013/08/01 by Leslie Nellis.
- Charities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corporate minutes Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial statements -- Accounting Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Organizations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Muncie Mission Auxiliary records and photographs
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA