Professional Secretaries International, Munsee Chapter records and scrapbooks
Scope and Contents
The collection contains meeting minutes (1945-76), treasurer's reports (1981-91), annual financial statements (1959-91), board minutes (1986-91), brochures (1989), membership applicants (1970-91), officer rosters (1945-85), a petition to amend the charter (1982), guestbooks (1972-90), the CPS Award Indiana Division (1960-64), a scrapbook (1968-90), and information on disbandment (1991).
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The Munsee Chapter of Professional Secretaries International was chartered in June 1945 with 25 members. The local chapter shared the International’s mission “to affect increased productivity, career development, and quality of work life within the office environment by providing opportunities of educational, personal, and professional growth.” The group met monthly and remained active until membership fell during the 1980s. By June 1991 both membership and attendance at meetings had fallen so low that the chapter decided to disband and transfer its remaining funds to the International’s Research and Education Foundation.
1 Cubic Feet (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged in the following series:
Series 1: Professional Secretaries International, Munsee Chapter subject files, 1945-1991
Series 2: Professional Secretaries International, Munsee Chapter scrapbooks, 1967-1990
Series 3: Professional Secretaries International, Munsee Chapter oversize scrapbook, 1945-1953
Series 4: Professional Secretaries International, Munsee Chapter oversize scrapbook, 1960-1971
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation by Donna Lesley 1991/09/15.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing revised 2006/11 by J. E. Gastineau. EAD finding aid created 2012/10/05 by Julie Hausknecht. EAD finding aid modified 2013/10/28 by Rebecca Marangelli.
- Delaware County (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Organizations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Secretaries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Professional Secretaries International, Munsee Chapter records and scrapbooks
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA