Delaware County EMS Commission records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes reports, minutes, statements of purpose, by-laws, legislative acts, and other records that document the activities of the Delaware County EMS Commission between 1970 and 1983.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Biographical Note / Historical Note / Administrative History
The Delaware County EMS Commission was incorporated as Muncie/Delaware Regional Commission on Emergency Medical Service, Inc. on July 24, 1975 with the purpose of mobilizing and coordinating emergency medical services for Delaware County, and to set precedence for other counties in Region 6.
Additionally, the Muncie/Delaware Regional Commission on Emergency Medical Service recommends standards for emergency medical services, coordinates all groups and organizations which might be involved in the delivery of emergency medical services, investigates funding, implements a public education program regarding the utilization of emergency medical services, brings together private, political, and medical sectors of the community for planning emergency medical services, and carries out activities through task forces.
1.8 Cubic Feet (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged into the following series:
Series 1: Administrative records, 1970-1981, undated
Series 2: Forms, 1976-1978, undated
Series 3: Meeting minutes, 1975-1983
Series 4: Reports, 1976-1980
Series 5: Training and certification documents, 1979-1980, undated
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation Marshal Sipe on 1993/07/16.
No further additions are expected.
EAD finding aid created 2012/10/09 by Julie Hausknecht. EAD finding aid revised 2013/08/02 by Leslie Nellis.
- Courses and lectures Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delaware County (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Medicine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Meetings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reports Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Delaware County EMS Commission records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA