Masterworks Chorale records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes concert advertisements (1991-1995), programs (1991-1995), correspondence (1992-1995), meeting minutes (1979-1995) and notes (1994-1995). Also includes event programs from 2014 to 2016.
- 1979-1996, 2014-2016
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The Masterworks Chorale, originally known as the East Central Indiana Community Singers, was formed in 1978 by several members of the Muncie Matinee Musicale who were interested in bringing high quality chorale performances to Muncie. The group held its first concert that same year, performing Berlioz’s L’Enfance du Christ. Since then, the chorus has presented a yearly concert series of three or four concerts, performing the major works of Handel, Back, Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms, Schubert, and many others. In addition, the group has presented a variety of other programs, ranging from light opera to folk music. One of the group’s biggest highlights was an invitation to participate in the presentation of the Dvorak Requiem in Carnegie Hall with a large chorus and the Manhattan Philharmonic on June 12, 1990.
0.3 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged alphabetically.
The Masterworks Chorale Records were received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Ken Hodzkom on 1995/06/16.
Finding aid reviewed 2009/01/12 by Maren L. Read. EAD finding aid completed 2012/10/20 by Julie Hauslenecht. EAD finding aid revised 2013/01/22 by Bethany Fiechter. EAD finding aid revised 2016/08/02 by Lindsey M. Vesperry.
- Choral singing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newsletters Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Programs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Masterworks Chorale records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA