Hillcroft Services Incorporated records
Scope and Contents
This collection mainly contains Board of Directors minutes, pamphlets, correspondence, newspaper clippings, newsletters, scrapbooks, and policies. Additional photos, negatives, film, and display boards are included in related collections listed in this finding aid.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Hillcroft Services, Inc. has gone through several names since establishment in 1952. Names previous are as follows: The Muncie Council for the Retarded Children (1952-1953), Delaware County Council for Retarded Children (1953-1974), Delaware County Association for Retarded Citizens (1974-1986), Hillcroft Center, Inc. (1986-1996), and the present Hillcroft Services, Inc. (1996- ). Dedicated to provide innovative services and support for people with disabilities and their families, Hillcroft Services, Inc. has provided housing, education, and employment opportunities for children and adults. One major accomplishment has been the growth of Cannon Industries, an industrial division of Hillcroft Services, Inc., which provides employment for adults with disabilities to work alongside non-disabled workers.
3.1 Cubic Feet (9 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged in the following series:
Series 1: Hillcroft Services, Inc. board of directors minutes, 1952-2002
Series 2: Hillcroft Services, Inc. correspondence and other written materials, 1952-2009
Series 3: Hillcroft Services, Inc. subject files, 1952-2001
Series 4: Hillcroft Services, Inc. oversize scrapbooks, 1952-2004
Series 5: Hillcroft Services, Inc. photographs, negatives, and slides, 1985-2004
Series 7: Hillcroft Services, Inc. oversize photographs, 1952-2005
Series 8: Hillcroft Services, Inc. oversize poster, 1982
Series 9: Hillcroft Services, Inc. film, undated
Series 10: Hillcroft Services, Inc. audio recording, undated
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Hillcroft Services Inc. 2006/02/03. Addition received 2015/12/18 by Brenda Williamson.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 2006/04/27 by C. Baker. EAD finding aid created 2012/10/12 by Julie Hausknecht. EAD finding aid revised 2013/10/28 by Rebecca Marangelli. Addition processing completed 2016/03/02 by Lindsey M. Vesperry and Matthew Gorham.
- Children Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corporate minutes Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delaware County (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Human services Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- People with disabilities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- People with disabilities -- Services for Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Hillcroft Services Incorporated records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA