Dwight Hoover manuscripts
Scope and Contents
This collection includes two versions of Automobility in Muncie. The difference between the two lies in the order of the final three chapters. In addition, the collection contains an extra copy of the last three chapters of the second version; the pagination indicates that these chapters do not belong to the first version. The collection also includes a copy of Dr. Hoover`s curriculum vita updated to 1996.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Dwight Hoover was a professor of history at Ball State University from 1959 until 1991. He was the Director of the Center for Middletown Studies from 1984 until 1991. His interest in the Muncie community led him to research and write a number of books on local history including A Pictorial History of Indiana, (Indiana University Press, 1980); Magic Middletown, (Indiana University Press, 1986); and Middletown: The Making of a Documentary Film Series, (Gordon-Breach, 1992). The contents of this manuscript collection, Automobility in Muncie, have not been published as a book. Dr. Hoover earned his Ph.D. in history from the State University of Iowa in 1953.
0.3 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged by book chapters.
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a gift from Dwight Hoover in 1996.
No further additions are expected.
EAD finding aid created 2011/04/28 by Bethany Fiechter.
- Automobile industry and trade Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delaware County (Ind.) -- History -- 20th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) -- History -- 20th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Dwight Hoover manuscripts
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA