Kiwanis Club of Muncie records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes anniversary programs (1950-1980), constitution and by-laws (1968-1979), annual reports (1975-1976), correspondence from Jack Carmichael (1966-1984), club history (1984), membership address books (1966-2006), issues of the Kiwanis News (1968-1983), newspaper clippings (1966-1981), and board of directors meeting minutes (1920-2005) from the Kiwanis Club in Muncie, Indiana ranging from 1920-2005 regarding the club and its activities.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
On January 21, 1915 the Kiwanis Club Incorporated was established in Detroit, Michigan. A chapter was founded in Muncie, Indiana in 1920. The Kiwanis Club is a multi-purpose organization based on the principle, "We Build." Aside from providing a location for social interaction and community for its members, the Kiwanis Club is also deeply involved in community service. Financial donations are provided to various charitable organizations through well known Kiwanis projects such as the annual Christmas tree sale, a child abuse hotline, and the Special Olympics for the Handicapped Children.
1.3 Cubic Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged alphabetically.
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Jack Carmichael on 2000/04/14 and 2012/11/30.
Further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 2000/10/13 by C. Brand. EAD finding aid created 2000/10/13 by C. Brand. EAD finding aid revised 2006/04/07 by Rachel N. Miller. Finding aid revised 2009/09/01 by Maren L. Read. Finding aid revised 2013/01/15 by Nicole Griffetts.
- Clubs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newsletters Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Periodicals Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Programs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Kiwanis Club of Muncie records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA