Delta Sigma Sorority records
Scope and Contents
The records include material documenting both the philanthropic and social activities of the Indiana Alpha chapter and the national organization. Records include the constitution, by-laws, membership rosters, programs, minutes and a scrapbook.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The Indiana Alpha Chapter of the Delta Sigma Sorority, a philanthropic organization, was established on May 5, 1910 in Muncie, Indiana. The chapter, which included both an active group and an alumnae group, eventually left the national organization and became an alumnae chapter only.
0.5 Cubic Feet (2 Boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged in the following series:
Series 1: Delta Sigma Sorority administrative files, 1931-1985
Series 2: Delta Sigma Sorority publications and other documents, 1924-1959
Series 3: Delta Sigma Sorority oversize materials, 1910-1990
Series 4: Delta Sigma Sorority photographs, undated
Series 5: Delta Sigma Sorority oversize photographs, 1910-1960
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as donation.
No further additions are expected.
EAD finding aid created 2012/10/15 by Julie Hausknecht. EAD finding aid revised 2013/10/29 by Rebecca Marangelli.
- By-laws Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Constitutions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delaware County (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fraternities & sororities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Women -- Societies and clubs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delta Sigma Sorority records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA