Association of Lifelong Learners records and photographs
Scope and Contents
This collection includes records and photographs from Association of Lifelong Leaners ranging from 1991 to 2016 regarding administrative, committee, conference, membership, presidental and publication materials.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The Association of Lifelong Learners was formed in 1993 primarily for, but not restricted to, retirees. Its members are a mixture of those affiliated with Ball State University and local Muncie residents. Ball State educators and local retired professionals present many programs and in the past the group has offered bus trips, dinner and theater outings, and study groups. The group is associated with Ball State Univeristy Continuing Education Program and the Istitute for Learning in Retirement Network, which sponspors the Elderhostel programs.
2.2 Cubic Feet (5 boxes and 1 folder)
Language of Materials
Arranged in the following series:
Series 1: Association of Lifelong Learners administrative records, 1991-2008
Series 2: Association of Lifelong Learners committee records, 1996-2006
Series 3: Association of Lifelong Learners conference and program materials, 1998, 2004-2006
Series 4: Association of Lifelong Learners membership records, 1995-2006, 2015
Series 5: Association of Lifelong Learners president's papers, 1993-2016
Series 6: Association of Lifelong Learners publication materials, 1998-2001
Series 7: Association of Lifelong Learners realia, undated
Series 8: Association of Lifelong Learners conference and holiday social photographs, 1998, 2014
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation. Additions received 2012/11/13 by Warren C. Vander Hill and 2017/04/21 by Nancy Turner.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processed 2002/08/20 by J. Dutour. Additions processed 2006/07/20 by R. Miller, 2006/07/17 by Maren Read, 2007 Aug. by Maren Read, 2008 Mar. by R. Miller, and 2013/10/28 by Rebecca Marangelli. EAD finding aid created 2009/06/29 by Maren Read. EAD finding aid revised by Rebecca Marangelli. Addition processed and finding aid revised 2015/03/18 by Lindsey M. Vesperry. Addition processed and EAD finding aid revised 2017/05/05 by Lindsey M. Vesperry.
- Adult education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Continuing education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delaware County (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Organizations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Association of Lifelong Learners records and photographs
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA