Westwood Neighborhood research files and photographs
Scope and Contents
This collection includes photocopied materials from newspapers and general histories as well as histories of each lot in the Westwood community, and spans the years 1924-1999. Also included in the collection is the Editing Copy of Westwood: A 75 Year History, along with editing notes and book promotion materials. PSC 273 contains photographs of Westwood houses. V 224 is a taped interview with Bill Spurgeon.
- Graham, Frederick (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Frederick H. Graham and Dawn Lee Patrick, authors of Westwood: A 75 Year History, collected a great deal of research for the publication of their book. The Westwood neighborhood in Muncie, Indiana was developed in the 1920s during the “building boom” that occurred after World War I. Over the years, Westwood has been home to a number of affluent and well-known Muncie citizens. The research spans 75 years of Westwood’s history, including businesses and industries, personalities, and the promotion of the community in newspaper.
1 Cubic Feet (3 boxes, 1 folder, 1 8mm DVC tape, Digital files (4 MB))
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged in the following series:
Series 1: Dawn Patrick files, 1999, undated
Series 2: Fred Graham files, 1926-2002
Series 3: Westwood Neighborhood research photographs, 1900-1940
Series 4: Westwood Neighborhood Discussion with Bill Spurgeon video, undated
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Fred and Bette Graham on 2006/03/16.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 2003/04 by A. Childers. Collection processing addition completed 2005/07 by J. E. Gastineau. Collection processing addition completed 2006/04 by A. Morrison. EAD finding aid created 2012/10/16 by Julie Hausknecht. EAD finding aid revised 2013/10/30 by Rebecca Marangelli.
- Authors Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delaware County (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Local history Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Video recordings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Westwood (Muncie, Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Graham, Frederick (Donor, Person)
- Westwood Neighborhood research files and photographs
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA