Epsilon Sigma Omicron records
Scope and Contents
The collection includes meeting minutes (1940-1951), membership and programs booklets (1945-1959), the club song and research notes by Mary Alice Lanning.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The Muncie Chapter of Epsilon Sigma Omicron, a member of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, is a reading sorority. The organization followed Indiana University reading courses and met monthly to present book reviews by members and guest speakers. The group contributed to charitable causes, attended lectures and held an annual picnic.
0.2 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged alphabetically.
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Mary Alice Lanning on 2003/09/16.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 2003/10 by Joan Dutour. Finding aid created 2003/10 by Joan Dutour. EAD finding aid completed 2009/01/12 by Maren L. Read. EAD finding aid revised 2009/08/06 by Maren L. Read.
- Book clubs (Discussion groups) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clubs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Epsilon Sigma Omicron records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA