Brayton family papers and photographs
Scope and Contents
The Brayton Family Collection consists primarily of family photos dating from 1868 to 1958. The oversize materials contain Amy Botkin's scrapbook, which includes letters, photos, brochures, and invitations (1907-1960), as well as sketches and paintings done by Margaret Brayton.
- 1868 - 1960
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The items in this collection belonged to Margaret Brayton, a long-time elementary teacher. She earned her bachelor's degree from the National College of Education where she received the college's most prestigious scholarship, the Elizabeth Harrison Scholarship. She also held a Master of Science in education from Northwestern University. She was assistant professor emeritus of elementary education at Ball State University, retiring in 1962. One of the residence halls in the Robert R. LaFollette complex is named in her honor.
1.2 Cubic Feet (4 box)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged in the following series:
Series 1: Brayton family subject files, 1868-1962
Series 2: Brayton family photographs, undated
Series 3: Brayton family oversize materials, undated
Series 4: Brayton family oversize photographs, undated
Series 5: Brayton family oversize artwork, undated
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 2004/04/15 by A. Tonne. EAD finding aid created 2012/10/19 by Julie Hausknecht. EAD finding aid revised 2013/10/30 by Rebecca Marangelli.
- Art Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delaware County (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Local history Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Brayton family papers and photographs
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA