Beech Grove Cemetery abstracts of title
Scope and Contents
The collection contains abstracts of title related to Beech Grove Cemetery dated 1928, 1936, and 1952 that trace the property to 1816. There is also a plat map, a plot map, and a warranty deed related to cemetery property.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Beech Grove Cemetery opened in 1841 on 1.5 acres purchased by the Muncytown trustees and located about a mile from town. After the new public cemetery opened, many local families moved family members from other county cemeteries and burial plots to the new cemetery. Over the years, Muncie, Indiana’s most significant cemetery expanded to approximately 100 acres with more than 41,000 burials.
0.3 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged alphabetically.
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Jane Beekman on 2006/11/14.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 2006/12 by Jane Gastineau. Finding aid created 2006/12 by Jane Gastineau. EAD finding aid completed 2009/08/07 by Maren L. Read.
- Cemeteries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Plats Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Beech Grove Cemetary abstracts of title
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA