Sarah E. McVicker correspondence and photographs
Scope and Contents
This collection includes scans of eighteen letters written to Sarah E. McVicker Johnson by her brother, Joseph W. McVicker, and other soldiers from Delaware County during and after the Civil War (1862-1876). PSC 322 includes a scanned photograph of Sarah E. McVicker.
Language of Materials
Materials entirely in English.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Sarah E. McVicker Johnson was born in Delaware County, Indiana in 1841. Her parents, Josiah and Arnalia McVicker, owned a farm near the town of Eaton, Indiana. She married Eldrige Johnson in 1875. Johnson fought with the Indiana Volunteers 47th Reg. Co. A. during the Civil War. Sarah E. McVicker died in Delaware County in 1925.
0.4 Cubic Feet (1 box and 1 folder)
Arranged in the following series:
Series 1: Sarah M. McVicker correspondence, 1862-1876
Series 2: Sarah M. McVicker photographs, undated
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Alan Holdren on 2006/12/19.
No further additions are expected.
Existence and Location of Copies
Digital reproductions of the Sarah E. McVicker correspondence are available electronically through the Ball State University Libraries' Digital Media Repository at http://libx.bsu.edu.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delaware County (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sarah E. McVicker correspondence and photographs
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA