Delaware County Clerk's Office records
Scope and Contents
This collection contains appropriation records from the Delaware County Clerk’s Office. These records show paid by the county courts for telephone service, salaries, care of juvenile offenders, and other services and supplies from 1937-1939. The juvenile court appropriations are records of fees paid to juvenile detention centers for the transportation and care of inmates from Delaware County. Also included is one jury summons from 1939.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Delaware County, Indiana was organized on January 18, 1927 with Muncie as the county seat. The County Clerk is an elected county official and an officer of the county court. He or she is responsible for managing court information and serving as chief financial officer for all revenues collected on behalf of the court. In addition, the county clerk oversees and conducts all elections.
0.4 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged alphabetically.
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 2008/03 by M. L. Read. EAD finding aid created 2012/10/22 by Julie Hausknecht. EAD finding aid revised 2013/10/30 by Rebecca Marangelli.
- Appropriations and expenditures Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delaware County (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Juvenile justice Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.). City Clerk Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Delaware County Clerk's Office records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA