Muncie Redevelopment Commission minutes
Scope and Contents
This collection includes minutes from the Muncie Redevelopment Commission’s meetings. The records are from January 15, 1980 to December 2, 2004. Minutes from the meeting discuss loans, intended for rehabilitation, given to property owners. General administrative tasks are also discussed, such as the nomination of a new president. Minutes from August 20, 1998 to December 2, 2004 are available as PDF files and TIF files. The originals were scanned and returned to the Commission.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The Muncie Redevelopment Commission (MRC) was formed on July 3, 1973 under city ordinance number 440-B. The ordinance created the Muncie Department of Redevelopment as well as the Muncie Redevelopment Commission. The goal of the Muncie Redevelopment Commission is to rehabilitate “blighted” areas of the City of Muncie. The commission is made up of two members appointed by the City Council of Muncie and three members are appointed by the Mayor. The current MRC was preceded by another MRC but with the passage of ordinance 440-B the former commission was repealed.
0.4 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged chronologically.
The Muncie Redevelopment Commission Minutes were received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from the Muncie Redevelopment Commission on 2008/09/12.
No further additions are expected.
The Muncie Redevelopment Commission Minutes were scanned as TIF files and are stored on server maintained by the Ball State University Libraries’ Library Information Technology Services.
EAD finding aid created 2009/02/11 by MLRead. EAD finding aid revised 2013/10/30 by Rebecca Marangelli.
- Community development Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delaware County (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Economic development Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Municipal government Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Muncie Redevelopment Commission minutes
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA