Eva Boland collection
Scope and Contents
This collection includes correspondence, ephemera, and photographs from Eva Boland in Muncie, Indiana ranging from circa 1900 to 1920 regarding her family and activities.
- circa 1900-1920
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
This collection was purchased at a yard sale in sourthern Indiana by a graduate student at Ball State. The letters of correspondence are from Eva Boland who lived in Muncie, Indiana on 2121 South Madison Street during the early 1900s. The correspondence within this collection is to her husband, Everett Boland, who worked in St. Louis, Missouri and Louisville, Kentucky. Items discussed within the letters include the purchase of groceries, paying on loans, the health of their children, families, and friends, as well as their love for one another. Eva Boland`s photographs include personal portraits and buildings in Muncie, Indiana.
The couple is buried in the Beech Grove Cemetery in Muncie, Indiana. The address on Madison Street is now a parking lot. This collection sheds a historic light on work and family life within Muncie, Indiana during the first two decades of the 20th century.
0.2 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged by subject.
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Ms. Emily Taylor on 2011/04/19.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 2011/04/21 by Bethany Fiechter. EAD finding aid created 2011/04/21 by Bethany Fiechter.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delaware County (Ind.) -- History -- 20th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indiana -- History -- 20th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Industries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) -- Photographs -- 20th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Eva Boland collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA