Muncie, Indiana post office records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes two ledgers from Aubrey M. Rogers in Muncie, Indiana ranging from 1865 to 1916 regarding the Muncie, Indiana post office.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The money order register for the Muncie, Indiana post office dates from July 20, 1856 (the year the Civil War ended), through February 26, 1876. The daily expenditure ledger appears to be written by quill ink pen, detailing daily expenditures. It dates from February 7, 1902-October 31, 1916. These two ledgers appear to be written by quill ink pen, probably by the Muncie Postmaster personally.
The items were found by Aubrey M. Rogers in the chimney vault of the main Muncie post office. Workers were renovating the building to become the Muncie Horizon Convention Center.
0.5 Cubic Feet (2 ledgers)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged chronologically.
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Aubrey M. Rogers on 2011/10/31.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 2011/11/04 by Bethany Fiechter. EAD finding aid created 2011/11/04 by Bethany Fiechter.
- Account books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Financial records Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) -- History -- 19th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) -- History -- 20th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Postal service Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie, Indiana post office records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA