Muncie Board of Works collection
Scope and Contents
This collection includes ledgers and handbooks from the Board of Works in Muncie, Indiana ranging from 1907 to 1978 regarding public works in Muncie.
- 1907/07/29-1938/12/19, 1967-1978
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Biographical Note / Historical Note / Administrative History
The Muncie Board of Public Works and Safety is a local government agency that is made up of three appointments by the Mayor. The board has several functions, mostly pertaining to addressing issues and contractual agreements that bind the city, permit use of city facilities, and the closing of streets. The public safety function of the board includes law enforcement and fire protection. The public works function of the board includes control over streets, sanitation, transportation, sewers and city utilities.
0.7 Cubic Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged by subject.
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 2013/09/26 by Leslie Nellis. EAD finding aid created 2012/12/14 by Bethany Fiechter. EAD finding aid revised 2013/09/26 by Leslie Nellis.
- City planning Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delaware County (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Local government Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Muncie Board of Works collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA