Holy Trinity Lutheran Church records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes two photocopied ledgers, including information about the baptism of infants (1929-2002), records of confirmation (1944-1965), membership records (1889-2002), pastors (1929-1988), constitution (1925), and marriage, communion, and confirmation records (1929-2002) from the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Muncie, Indiana ranging from 1889 to 2002.
- Creation: 1889-2002
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Holy Trinity, organized in 1889 and originally located on the corner of Howard and Liberty Streets, was the first Lutheran church to be established in Muncie, Indiana. The congregation grew considerably in the 1950s, requiring a new church building. Holy Trinity opened the doors of its current location on White River Boulevard in 1961, and the congregation continued to grow thereafter.
In 1950, Holy Trinity sponsored a chapter of the Lutheran Student Association at Ball State University—now called Grace Village, a Lutheran and Episcopal campus ministry. In the 1960s, Holy Trinity’s educational ministries were strengthened, and in the 1970s, under the leadership of Pastor Stan Peterson, the church expanded its local and international outreach ministries. Both are important characteristics of the Holy Trinity’s mission today.
Excerpt provided from the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church website: http://www.holytrinitylutheranchurch.com/
1 Cubic Feet (1 oversize box)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged chronologically.
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church on 2013/02/28.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 2013/03/06 by Bethany Fiechter. EAD finding aid created 2013/03/06 by Bethany Fiechter.
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA