White River Water Garden Society records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes documents from The White River Water Garden Society in Muncie, Indiana ranging from July 1998 to July 2010.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The White River Water Garden society was founded on June 25, 1998 as the Muncie Water Gardeners. They changed their name to the White River Garden Society in July of that year. The first officers were: President Susie Morgan; Vice President Julie Eltzroth, Barb Pearson; and Joan McKee. Their goal was to promote water gardening and to provide educational information and inspiration on water gardening to their members. To achieve this goal they held monthly meetings and distributed a monthly newsletter. Additionally they adopted a pond which they helped to maintain. The society was disbanded in May of 2010 and existing funds in the treasury were donated to Minnetrista to help maintain the water gardens.
0.2 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged in the following series:
Series 1: White River Water Garden Society administrative and financial documents, 1998-2010
Series 2: White River Water Garden Society newsletters, 1998-2008
Series 3: White River Water Garden Society subject files, 2003-2008
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Joan McKee on 2013/04/19.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 2013/05/03 by Eve A. Eiler. EAD finding aid created 2013/05/03 by Eve A. Eiler. EAD finding revised 2013/09/11 by Leslie Nellis.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delaware County (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newsletters Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Societies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Water gardens Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- White River (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- White River Water Garden Society records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA