Purdue Alumni Club of Muncie records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes membership rosters, officer records, constitutions and bylaws, expense reports, newspaper clippings, press releases, meeting minutes, photographs, event invitations and programs, correspondence, brochures, postcards, and club management records from the Purdue Alumni Club of Muncie in Muncie, Indiana ranging from 1963 to 2015 regarding Purdue University alumni, club administration, leadership, membership, and club activities.
- 1963 - 2015
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The Purdue Alumni Club of Muncie was established in 1963 and has a long-standing tradition of supporting Purdue academics and athletics. Members include Purdue University alumni, family members and individuals in Delaware, Randolph, Blackford, and Henry counties that have an interest in supporting Purdue University and the Purdue community. The club also raises money to provide scholarships to Purdue-bound Delaware County students.
1 Cubic Feet (1 box; digital files (40.6 MB))
Language of Materials
Arranged in the following series:
Series 1: Administrative records, 1963-2014
Series 2: Membership records, 1963-1989
Series 3: Special event records, 1963-1986
Series 4: Digital records, 2001-2015
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Digital file formats in this collection include Microsoft Word 97-2003 Document (.DOC), Microsoft Office Open XML Document (.DOCX), Microsoft Excel 97-2003 Worksheet (.XLS), Microsoft Office Open XML Spreadsheet (.XLSX), Comma Separated Values (.CSV), Rich Text Format (.RTF), JPEG (.JPG), and Hypertext Markup Language (.HTML).
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Tom Smith and James A. Wagner on 2015/05/19. Addition received 2016/03/10 by John Strouse.
Further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 2015/06/04 by Cody Sprunger. EAD finding aid created 2015/06/05 by Lindsey M. Vesperry. EAD finding aid revised 2015/06/12 by Brandon Pieczko. Addition processing completed 2016/03/17 by Cody Sprunger. EAD finding aid revised 2016/03/17 by Lindsey M. Vesperry
- Alumni and alumnae Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- By-laws Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clubs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Constitutions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Digital file formats Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Directories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes (Administrative Records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Purdue Alumni Club of Muncie records
- In Process
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA