The Morning News newspaper
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of one bound volume of issues of The Morning News newspaper published in Muncie, Indiana from January to June 1894.
- 1894 Jan.-June
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The Morning News was published in Muncie, Indiana. The headquarters was located in an alley called "News Court," which was in the rear of the Anthony Building between Main and Jackson. It was the first local newspaper to utilize the Linotype machine, a device that replaced manual letter-setting and made printing much faster.
0.6 Cubic Feet (1 volume)
Language of Materials
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Becky Monroe of the Yorktown-Mt. Pleasant Historical Alliance on 2015/08/24.
No further additions are expected.
Existence and Location of Copies
Microfilm copies of issues of The Morning News for the years 1893-1898 are available in the Bracken Library Microforms Collections: http://liblink.bsu.edu/catkey/880183
Collection processing completed 2015/08/25 by Lindsey M. Vesperry.
- Delaware County (Ind.) -- History -- 19th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) -- History -- 19th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newspapers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- The Morning News newspaper
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA