Unity in DiverCity records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes agendas, correspondence, events records, group information, minutes, newspaper clippings, notes, and publications from the Unity in DiverCity Group in Muncie, Indiana ranging from 2001 to 2012 regarding diversity, race relations, and social justice. The materials were collected by member Donna Bookout and reflect her involvement with the group.
- 1992 - 2012
- Majority of material found within 2001 - 2012
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Unity in DiverCity is a community organization that celebrates the unity and cultural diversity of the people of Muncie, Indiana. The group was first developed in 2001 by the Christian Ministries of Delaware County who hosted study circles led by Sallie Maish, Donna Bookout, and Pierre Atchade. These study circles focused primarily on race relations and social justice issues around the globe. Ultimately, people within the study group were moved to create a new group, and in 2003, they officially formed Unity in DiverCity. This group hosted several events in Muncie to establish a greater sense of diversity and involvement within the community, from huge community festivals, international dinners, and galas, from roughly 2003 to 2012.
0.6 Cubic Feet (4 boxes)
Language of Materials
Arranged in the following series:
Series 1: Unity in DiverCity agendas, 2003-2012
Series 2: Unity in DiverCity correspondence, 2003-2012
Series 3: Unity in DiverCity events records, 2001-2009
Series 4: Unity in DiverCity administrative records, 2003-2012
Series 5: Unity in DiverCity meeting minutes, 2004-2008
Series 6: Unity in DiverCity newspaper clippings, 2003
Series 7: Unity in DiverCity notes, 1992-1994, 2001-2011
Series 8: Unity in DiverCity publications, 2012
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Donna Bookout on 2017/05/30.
No further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed 2017/12/11 by Laurinda A. Webb. EAD finding aid created 2017/12/11 by Lindsey M. Vesperry. EAD finding aid revised 2018/01/18 by Lindsey M. Vesperry.
- Agendas (Administrative Records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Clippings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes (Administrative Records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Muncie (Ind.) -- History -- 20th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) -- History -- 21st century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Race relations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- Unity in DiverCity records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA