John and William Golliver WWI postcards
Scope and Contents
This collection includes digital images of 56 postcards collected and sent home by William “Happy” Golliver of Muncie, Indiana during his service in World War I. Several of the postcards were sent to William’s brother John Golliver, both during and after the war. The images on the postcards range from 1913-1919; span multiple countries including the United States, France, and Germany; and depict both calm and violent scenes of WWI Europe, American military training, and symbols of American patriotism.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Literary rights, including copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their legal heirs and assigns. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections. The publisher must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
William Golliver served in WWI and was a retired Muncie police officer. William often went by the nickname "Happy." He eventually moved to Clearwater, Florida and later returned to Muncie, Indiana.
0.1 Cubic Feet (Digital images of 56 postcards)
Language of Materials
Postcards are unarranged.
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a deposit June Crawford on 2014/06/05.
No further additions are expected.
Existence and Location of Originals
Original postcards were scanned and returned to the donor.
Existence and Location of Copies
Digital images of the items in this collection are available electronically in the Ball State University Digital Media Repository: http://libx.bsu.edu/cdm/landingpage/collection/GJWWWIPst
Collection processing completed 2014/06/11 by Rebecca Marangelli. EAD finding aid created 2014/06/10 by Rebecca Marangelli. EAD finding aid revised 2014/06/20 by Brandon Pieczko.
- France Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Germany Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muncie (Ind.) -- History -- 20th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Postcards Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stoeckel Archives of Local History Subject Source: Local sources
- World War, 1914-1918 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- John and William Golliver WWI postcards
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stoeckel Archives of Local History Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA