You are Here: Finding Yourself in Middletown (An Anthology)
Scope and Contents
An anthology of 16 linked, researched stories about Middletown, Indiana, a fictional town created by the students in Professor Cathy Day's Spring 2015 ENG 444 Senior Seminar course, "Research and Fiction." This course is the capstone project in the Department of English and is comprised of students from all concentrations (Creative Writing, Literature, English Studies, Rhetoric & Writing, and English Education). The stories in this anthology were inspired by original historical research and the long tradition of Middletown Studies in Muncie, Indiana and at Ball State University that began with Robert and Helen Lynd's classic sociological case study, Middletown: A Study in Modern American Culture (1929).
- Spring 2015
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Literary rights, including copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their legal heirs and assigns. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections. The publisher must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.1 Cubic Feet (1 digital file (pdf))
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
File is in Adobe Portable Document Format (.PDF).
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Cathy Day, Department of English Assistant Chairperson of Operations and Associate Professor, on 2015/04/29.
No further additions are expected.
Existence and Location of Copies
Available online in the Ball State University Cardinal Scholar Institutional Repository:
Collection processing completed 2015/06/11 by Brandon Pieczko. EAD finding aid created 2015/06/11 by Brandon Pieczko.
- Anthologies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Local history Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Middletown Studies Collection Subject Source: Local sources
- Muncie (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Race relations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- You are Here: Finding Yourself in Middletown (An Anthology)
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Middletown Studies Collection Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana USA