Rotary International District 6560 records
Scope and Contents
This collection contains records from Rotary International District 6560 for the years 1905-2013 and includes local club records, conference records, correspondence, financial records, international exchange program records, newsletters, handbooks and manuals, subject files, scrapbooks, photographs and slides, audiovisual recordings, realia, and born digital records. The majority of the records were created and maintained by the following past district governors during their terms in office: Robert G. Jones, William N. Hatfield, Jerry Erskine, William McFadden, Martin Limbird, Salim K. Najjar, and Craig Sherman.
Language of Materials
Materials in German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Portuguese.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The first Rotary Club was founded on February 23, 1905 in Chicago, Illinois by attorney Paul F. Harris as a service organization for business and professional leaders. By July 1925, Rotary had grown to more than 2,000 clubs and an estimated 108,000 members on six continents. Rotary International currently has over one million members and 34,000 clubs. Rotary International District 6560 was organized in 1915 to serve the Rotary Clubs of Central Indiana. Today there are more than 2,900 members and forty-five Rotary Clubs in the Central Indiana district.
10.5 Cubic Feet (15 boxes, 11 digital files (976 MB))
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as a donation from Martin Limbird on 2006/10/18, 2010/04/26, and 2010/05/05; Jerry Erskina on 2012/05/11; Salim Najjar on 2012/05/11; Craig Sherman on 2014/07/01; and Judy Hollander on 2019/02/28.
Further additions are expected.
Collection processing completed by A. Lawrence 2007/03/01. Collection addition processing completed by R. Miller 2008/04/01. Collection processing revised by L. Anderson 2008/08/01. Collection processing revised by Bethany Fiechter 2010/04/26. Collection addition processing completed by Brian Grover 2011/07/22. Collection addition processing completed by Jennifer Banning 2012/09/01. EAD finding aid created 2012/10/12 by Jennifer Banning. EAD finding aid revised 2012/10/16 by Bethany Fiechter. Collection addition processing completed 2014/07/11 by Kasey Mock. EAD finding aid revised 2014/07/14 by Brandon Pieczko. Collection addition processing completed by Brian Faust 2020/11/07. EAD finding aid revised 2020/11/16 by Lindsey Vesperry.
- Clubs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indiana Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indiana -- History -- 20th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indiana -- History -- 21st century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Organizations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Slides (Photography) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sound recordings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Video recordings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Rotary International District 6560 records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Special Collections Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA