Richard W. Ulbrich papers and photographs
Scope and Contents
This collection includes military documents from 1939 to 1989. It also contains engineering projects, correspondence, original literature, newspaper clippings, general World War II documents, books on the history of the 376th Bombardment Group and military photographs.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
Richard W. Ulbrich was part of the 376th Heavy Bombardment Group during World War II. He served as a 1st and 2nd Lieutenant Bombardier. Ulbrich was based out of southern Italy from March 1944 to October 1945. After the war he stayed in the Army Air Corps as a reserve officer. From 1953 to 1960 he left the Air Force Reserves and worked as an engineer. Ulbrich returned to reserve service in 1960. He finally retired as a colonel in January of 1981. Richard W. Ulbrich passed away in 2008.
0.7 Cubic Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged by subject.
This collection was received by Archives and Special Collections as adonation from Patricia Ulbrich on 2008/05/10.
No further additions are expected.
The following items were separated from the collection and individually cataloged:
A Commemorative Collection of Liberandos Intelligencers and Special Newsletters, 1947-1992: Official Publication of the 376th Heavy Bombardment Group Veterans Association, Inc. Established 1946 [D790.253 376TH .C66 1992].
Collection processing completed 2008/09/01 by Joseph Brugos. Finding aid created 2008/09/01 by Joseph Brugos. Finding aid revised 2009/11/10 by Maren L. Read. EAD finding aid created 2009/11/10 by Maren L. Read. EAD finding aid revised 2014/08/15 by Brandon Pieczko.
- 376th Heavy Bombardment Group Archive Subject Source: Local sources
- Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military history Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- United States—Army Air Forces—Bombardment Group (H), 376th Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Richard W. Ulbrich papers and photographs
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA